Saturday, October 5, 2013

NFC East Week 5 Preview and "Pick of the Week"

This Sunday's showdown between the Eagles and the Giants at MetLife Stadium has to be considered a 'must win' game for both teams considering that through the first four weeks of the season they have combined for just one win. The Birds got everyone all fired up with their rout of Washington on opening day, but those feelings quickly dissolved with three straight losses to teams from the AFC West. New York could have won its opener against the Cowboys if it did not turn the ball over six times. Since then things have gone from bad to worse with three more losses by a combined 80 points.

The big question for this Sunday's game is just how bad are both these teams? I would have to say from the early results that the Giants are in much deeper trouble than Philly given that their problems run straight across the board and in almost every phase of the game. I have not given up on Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense just yet because we have already seen it work when it is properly executed. The Eagles' defense has obviously raised some serious concerns, but you have to remember that this is a whole new scheme with quite a few new faces in the starting lineup. I have to believe that it is still a work in progress that hopefully gets better with time.

I did not make an official 'pick' for this matchup, but I did use it as one of my top plays on the total line this week. I am envisioning a sloppy game with mistakes and misques by both teams that keep the final score close and low.

The following is a link to my complete preview and 'pick of the week' for this week's games in the NFC East as part of my ongoing series for Doc's Sports.

NFC East Weekly NFL Betting Picks: Week 5

No comments:

Post a Comment