Saturday, November 2, 2013

NFC East Week 9 Preview and "Pick of the Week"

The 4-4 Cowboys' lead over Philadelphia in the NFC East is just one game, but you cannot help but get the feeling that this Sunday's Eagles' game against Oakland is a 'must win' situation if they want to stay in the division title race. If they fall to 3-6 with a third-straight loss this week, the Birds would have to win six of their final seven games to get to 9-7 which is what it will probably take to win the East this season.

I am probably getting way ahead of myself even thinking about a division title as right now I would be happy with an offensive touchdown. I am impressed with a solid performance from the defense in the last two games, but unfortunately it was a wasted effort in light of a complete power failure by Chip Kelly's high octane offense. To me, the fate of the Eagles' season lies in the hands and throwing arm of Nick Foles. I am going to give him a pass on that Dallas game and trust that he can return to the form that earned him 'NFC Player of the Week' in the victory over Tampa Bay. The Raiders are by no means a pushover and this Sunday's game is bound to be a nail biter to the final gun, but I do like the Birds' chances to get out Oakland with a win. That being said, I am still going with the UNDER 45 in this contest as my official pick of the week.

The following is a link to my complete preview of Week 9 in the NFC East as part of my ongoing series for Doc's Sports.

NFC East Weekly NFL Betting Picks: Week 9

No comments:

Post a Comment