Thursday, November 21, 2013

NFL Top 3 "Over/Under" Picks for Week 12

I got back in the black last week with a 2-1 record on my top three NFL total line picks after getting blanked in Week 10 so my overall winning percentage for the year is almost back to 60 percent. They say that the top handicappers in the country come in around 70 percent, but I can guarantee that no one ever referred to me as a handicapper. The best thing I like about plays on the total line is that more often than not, if you dig deep enough into the numbers for any NFL matchup they will almost paint a picture of a high or low scoring game. To me, this is much easier than trying to pick winners against the spread in a league where parity is very much alive and well.

Other than Seattle in the NFC and Denver in the AFC, it remains a wide open race for the other 14 playoff spots as even teams such as the Redskins at 3-7 are still in the hunt. Before this season began I predicted that New York would win the NFC East at 9-7 on a tie-breaker over Dallas, with both Philadelphia and Washington a game back at 8-8. Now that we are 11 weeks into the new season, I would amend that scenario with the Eagles coming out on top at 9-7, but it will take a season-ending victory over Dallas to pull off this feat. Washington is the only team that should fade out of the picture over the next few weeks and I still see the Giants losing at least two more games to finish 8-8.

Obviously this has nothing to do with my "Over/Under" picks for this week, so check out the link below to this week's article as part of my part of my ongoing series for Doc's Sports.

NFL Totals Betting: Week 12 Over and Under Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment