Thursday, January 2, 2014

NFL Wildcard Weekend "Over/Under" Top Plays

I ended the regular season with a 1-2 record in my top three "over/under" picks to finish up with an overall record of 28-22-1. This equates to a winning percentage of 55 percent which would have returned an overall profit of $380 on a $100 wager. Apparently that was good enough for Doc's Sports to extend my weekly feature for two more weeks to make a couple of picks for the Wildcard and Divisional Round of this season's NFL Playoffs.

I jumped all over the New Orleans vs. Philadelphia game when I saw the total line open at 55. It has dropped a few points to 53, but that is still high enough for me to go with the UNDER in this matchup. The Saints are the 10th highest scoring team in the NFL with an average of 25.9 points a game, but this number can be deceiving. They averaged 34 points a game at home but this total was almost cut in half to 17.8 points on the road. The Eagles are ranked fourth in the league in scoring with 27.6 points a game, but I am counting on a big night this Saturday from Philly's defense. If you throw out that 48-point meltdown against Minnesota in Week 15, this unit has not allowed more than 22 points since a Week 4 loss to Denver.

My other pick was the OVER 47.5 in the late game on Sunday between the 49ers vs. Packers. I knew it would be cold in Green Bay, but I did not know that the temperature at game time is expected to be four degrees BELOW zero. That brings the concept of 'the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field' to a whole new level. Given these conditions I would actually stay away from this contest and double-up your bet on the UNDER in the Eagles game. Better yet, take Philadelphia and the UNDER in a parlay play and I'll catch up with you next week when the Birds make a trip south to Carolina which is closer to my neck of the woods.

The following is a link to my complete preview of these two picks as originally posted on Doc's Sports.

NFL Totals Betting: Wild Card Playoffs Over and Under Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment