Friday, January 24, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII "Over/Under" Preview & Pick

Anyone who follows this blog on a regular basis is well aware that I have been making weekly total line picks for Doc's Sports for the entire 2013 NFL season. While nobody out there is about to confuse me with some of the top handicappers in the sports betting business, I did end the regular season with a winning percentage of 55 percent and then proceeded to follow this up with 3-1 record on my top picks for the NFL playoffs. I must have done something right since Doc's asked me to put together an "over/under" pick for next Sunday's Super Bowl matchup between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks. The current total line for the Big Game is set at 47.

When handicapping this matchup, you have to decide between Denver's No. 1 ranked defense or Seattle's No. 1 ranked defense in what will be a true test of wills. Whichever of these units performs the best will not only dictate how many total points are scored, but the eventual outcome of Super Bowl XLVIII.

You also have to take into consideration that the Broncos' defense has also been playing at a high level in the postseason and that Seattle has failed to score more than 23 points in five of its last six games. Another huge factor could be the cold and wind at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey in the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold weather location. This should tip you off to which way I am leaning with my pick for this game, but for the full story check out the link below for my complete preview for Doc's Sports.

Betting the Super Bowl Over and Under





No comments:

Post a Comment