Friday, May 23, 2014

An Early Look at Week 1 NFL Odds in the NFC East

Earlier this week Cantor Gaming in Las Vegas released its opening betting odds for every NFL game through 17 weeks of the regular season. If you take a look at just the Eagles' games on that list, they have been opened as favorites in eight of their games with one game listed as a pick. If you check some of the early odds released for the Birds projected win total for the season the number settles-in at nine.

The Eagles will open the 2014 regular season at home as 11-point favorites over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars followed-up a 2-14 record in 2012 with a 4-12 mark last season so it is pretty easy to see why the spread is so high.

While I am almost sure that when I do get around to making my official picks for this season that I will pencil this one in as a win, I am not ready to lay 11 points against any NFL team when we are still talking about mini-camps and offseason workouts. What I decided to do was take a brief look at all the games in the NFC East for Week 1 in a piece I wrote for Doc's Sports as well as offer a preliminary pick for one of the four games.

The following is a link to my early look at Week 1 in the NFC East:


An Early Look at Week 1 NFL Odds in the NFC East

No comments:

Post a Comment