Saturday, September 13, 2014

NFL Week 2 NFC East Preview & Pick

I would be lying if I told you that I was never concerned about the outcome of last week's Eagles's season opener against Jacksonville, but I am being honest when I say that I knew the home-town Birds would play much better in the second half. Chip Kelly made the necessary adjustments and Nick Foles was able to shake-off some early jitters and quickly return to the form that made Philadelphia one of the most potent offenses in the NFL last season.

My biggest takeaway from Kelly's approach to this game is his desire to simply score points. He does know the value of playing defense and somewhere along the line that side of the ball is going to have to win some games as well, but something tells me that Kelly would not mind winning every game in a high-scoring shootout which makes Philadelphia a prime candidate for a wager on the OVER on the total line every time it takes the field.

As far as the rest of the division, it was a pretty dismal start for the other three teams. The biggest surprise was how bad the Giants looked against Detroit. While that game was not one of my official picks, I had this contest going OVER so I still would have cashed-in, but it appears that New York's retooled offense is still a work in progress. As far as Washington and Dallas, things are shaping-up to be a very long season for both of these teams unless they can quickly turn things around as well.

It is time to turn our attention to Week 2 in the NFL, and while I do not want to give my official pick away, it does involve our beloved Birds and it does involve a scoreboard that should be lighting up all night long come this Monday.

The following is a link to this week's NFC East preview and "pick of the week" as part of an ongoing series for Doc's Sports.



Expert NFL Betting Picks: Weekly NFC East Predictions Week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment