Saturday, November 22, 2014

NFL Week 12 NFC East Preview & Pick

I had to take a break from the Eagles for a couple of days after last Sunday's massacre at Lambeau Field. As I mentioned before, a loss to the Packers would not be devastating to their NFC East title run, but the fact that they were blown-off the field definitely pushes them into the second-tier of contenders in the NFC at this point of the season.

Philadelphia has now lost to two division leaders in the NFC, which could easily come back to haunt the team when it comes to tiebreakers for potential first round byes in the playoffs. I am probably getting way ahead of myself considering how bad the Eagles looked last week in almost every phase of the game, but in all fairness to our beloved Birds, it seems that every NFL team has been hammered at least once this season from the Patriots and the Packers right on down the list.

The first thing Philadelphia needs is to get its swagger back with a strong showing against Tennessee this Sunday. The Eagles are solid double-digit favorites to win this game and so far this season they have done a good job at taking care of business against the teams they are supposed to beat. I do not want to take a win over the 2-8 Titans for granted, but I am already focused on next Thursday's big trip to Big D for a Turkey Day showdown against the Boys. This is easily the biggest game of the year so far for both teams and whichever one goes on to draw first blood in the season series will hold the inside track to the 2014 NFC East title.

First, the Cowboys have to get past New York on the road this Sunday to keep pace with Philly, assuming the Birds win their game. I think that will be the case as the Giants have been simply awful the past five weeks. I actually made Dallas (-4.5) my NFC East 'pick of the week' and while I will still be rooting hard for New York to pull-off the upset, the simple fact that I am 8-3 with this year's weekly picks tells me that the Cowboys will roll in this one.

Please check-out the link below for my complete preview of Week 12 in the NFC East as part of my ongoing series for Doc's Sports.



Expert NFL Betting Picks: Weekly NFC East Predictions Week 12

No comments:

Post a Comment