Friday, January 9, 2015

NFL Divisional Playoffs Total Line Picks

Even though I completely blew both my total line picks for last week's Wild Card Round of this season's NFL Playoffs by going UNDER in the Arizona vs. Carolina game and OVER in the Detroit vs. Dallas game, Doc's Sports is giving me one last chance to leave you with a pair of winners for this weekend's NFL Divisional Playoffs.

The only reason that the Panthers' game went OVER was the fact that Arizona's defense never bothered to show-up. Carolina is averaging around 21 points a game, so the 27 they scored in last Saturday night's win was just enough to sink my pick. I am more than confident that Seattle's defense will not let me down this Saturday night and I am banking on Carolina's defense to play well enough to keep this total UNDER the current 40-point line on Bovada's current board.

I am staying away from the Dallas game this week after the Cowboys displayed some shades of their former selves in a very sketchy 24-20 win against Detroit that stayed UNDER the 47.5-point closing line. I will be making a pick on the side in this game so be sure to check my blog on Saturday morning for a link to that preview and pick.

Instead, my other pick on the total line this week is the OVER in the Indianapolis vs. Denver game with the current betting odds set at 54 points. That is a pretty risky line to go in that direction, but I see this matchup turning into the ultimate shootout between the new young gun in the league Andrew Luck and the wiley old veteran Peyton Manning.

While I will not be releasing any total line picks for next Sunday's conference championships, I am working on Doc's to let me come back for one last encore this season with a total line pick for Super Bowl XLIX. In the meantime, be sure to check-out my complete preview for both of this weekend's picks in the following link.

NFL Totals Betting: Divisional Round Over and Under Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment