Thursday, October 3, 2013

NFL Top 3 "Over/Under" Picks for Week 5

As a die hard Eagles' fan I am not too thrilled with last week's slaughter at the hands of the Broncos; however I have to take a moment to pat myself on the back for the correct call on the outcome. I knew that Peyton Manning would have a field day against Philly's secondary and I also knew that Denver's defense would give up enough points to take the total way OVER the 57.5-point line. What I did not expect was how lopsided the final score would actually be. I guess we have to take solace in the fact that the Birds did keep things competitive until halftime.

Moving on to this Sunday's games, I am looking for another big week with my "over/under" picks after going a perfect 3-0 in Week 4. That bit of genius took my overall record to 9-3 on the year, which is the best start I have ever had since I began making these weekly 'total line' picks back in 2009.

I decided to use the Eagles/Giants game in this week's picks after some strong trends for a low scoring game led me in that direction. Both teams are giving-up a ton of points this season, but they are also turning the ball over in bunches which often times will actually work to keep the scoring down. The following is a link to my weekly article for Doc's Sports covering all three of this week's picks.

NFL Totals Betting: Week 5 Over and Under Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment