Thursday, October 24, 2013

NFL Top 3 "Over/Under" Picks for Week 8

I am happy to report that after a second straight week of cashing-in on two of my three total line picks, my year-to-date winning percentage is now a respectable 62 percent. That is not too bad considering that even the best sports handicappers in the country hover around 70 percent at best and as anyone who follows this blog on a regular basis knows; I am no sports handicapper!

I decided to stay away from last week's Cowboys vs. Eagles game and I am glad I did. I thought this was going to be a high scoring shootout from the opening kickoff that would easily go OVER an already inflated 56-point line. That just goes to show you that on any given Sunday in the NFL anything is possible. I was actually more disappointed in Nick Foles' performance than the final score. I have always been a huge Michael Vick fan, but he continues to be injury prone and at age 33 he is nearing the tail-end of his career. Foles showed signs of seizing the starting job from Vick after leading the team to victories over the Giants and Tampa Bay, but he took a major step backwards last week against Dallas. I am not saying that Vick would have done much better since the Cowboys appeared to have Chip Kelly's playbook on their sidelines, but he would have kept this game close and winnable with Philly's defense stepping up to keep Tony Romo and Co. in check.

I am staying completely away from this Sunday's game against the Giants as it is anyone's guess what happens in that matchup. I am going back to Dallas for one of my total line picks this week as there is no way this high-flying offense stays grounded for two weeks in a row. The fact that it is playing Detroit is just an added bonus as both these teams have had little problem finding the end zone this year.

The following is a link to all of my "Over/Under" picks for Week 8 in the NFL as part of my ongoing series for Doc's Sports.

NFL Totals Betting: Week 8 Over and Under Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment